Thursday, April 14, 2016

5 months and counting....

April 11th marks the 5 month mark.
As my coach stated...
Time is going to fly by!


Bike update
I have been biking a few days as week (instead of running, weird, right?).
I finally think there is hope on the horizon with my saddle issues.
Now that I have seen 3 different fittings, I finally feel better on the bike.
I tackled a 40 miler last weekend (pain cave ride). Shout out to Drew, Scott, Chris, and Katie. You all inspire me!
Next week Thursday I have yet another appointment. This time to see if my foot can make the 140.6 distance without killing me.
I head off to Delafield to have my foot, bike stature, and run posture looked at.
Fingers crossed.


Half Marathon Season..
The first of a handful of half marathons was this past week.
I laced up the shoes and toed the line at the South Shore Half Marathon (put together by the Badgerland Striders).
The weather was anything but perfect, and the course did not disappoint.
I have run this event for the last couple of years, but this particular day was a challenge.
The snow was flying, the wind was howling, and lets not forget the cold temps. AWESOME!

Next up, the Wisconsin Half Marathon on 5/7/16. I can only hope the weather isn't as Wisconsin-like.

Regular visits
Along with long training hours, there are two regular appoints I keep.
1. Chiropractor (Dr. Bedogne)
2. Message Therapist (Alexis)

Why? I put my body through sometimes hellish workouts. Simple stretching and yoga doesn't always cut it. I see my chiro every couple of weeks and MT at least once a month now. My body can recover properly and helps me get back to training. 
I couldn't do all of this without them :)

Computrainer Date
This weekend I put the training on hold to help family. Yes, I take time out of training to take care of family.
BUT that means the weekend of the 23rd/24th I head back to the pain cave to ride the IMWI course for 73 miles. That is one full loop of the course.

Happy training!
Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment