Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Biking troubles and long distance swim

Over the last few months I have been struggling with getting comfortable on my bike.
First, the saddle was changed out. No luck. Still pain and chafing.
Next, was a bike fitting at Zion Cyclery.
I met with Grant and found out a few problem areas.
1. My seat was way to high. Over 6cm to high which caused me to rock in my saddle and and chafing OUCH!
2. My peddles needed a few spacers to keep my feet away from my chain.
3. My aerobars were brought closer to my saddle so I wasn't stretching to reach them.
With the changes made, I attempted another ride. 20 miles was better but not great. Still had sit bone pain.
I changed out the saddle yet again.
This time, I made a 50 miler. Better. With my focus back on my cadence my ride went better.
I have another fitting on the 25th at Amphibian MS with Marty. More on that to come.

Another distance was reached this past week in the pool.
4000 yards!!
Holy Crap!
For that distance, it was 1:29:58 in the pool. Pleased with my time. I kept an average pace of a 2:10/100yds.
Couldn't be more proud! Never had I imagined that I would reach such distances.

My March totals are going to be crazy and can't wait to see what I am so very capable of!

Thanks coach for your push and guidance!

Happy training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment